Time for a pool house

bop

May 15, 2009
I built our pool 2 summers ago and we have now decided it is time for a pool house with a bathroom to keep all the wet people out of the house!
We have decided to build a 14x14 building with an additional 8 feet of roof overhanging the pool patio that will eventually become an outdoor kitchen.

Those of you that have built a pool house what should I consider when building it? It will have a full bathroom and space for a kitchenette. I am going to put in a bifold window that will open up to the eventual outdoor kitchen.

Sounds great :-D Please post pics :-D Wish we had the room for a pool house :(
Well I guess we have the room however I would have to extend the pool cage and add more pavers :grrrr: I hope DW does not see this :cheers:

What is your floor (foundation) going to be? In the state we live in, once your building is over a certain sq footage they consider it a to be a permanent structure and charge you property tax accordingly.

I work for a company that does "out buildings" and if you are pulling a permit I would suggest you make your rafters from 2 x 6 to meet code.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.