I got a wow today

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
I had to wait for a plumber this morning, so I went out back and spent some time brushing the pool and checking the chemistry. When he arrived, I led him around to the cleanout, near the pool. He looked at the pool and said, "Wow, your pool looks great! How do you keep it looking so good?" My answer was simply, "Keep on top of it, watch the chemicals. Especially Chlorine"

It really did look good this morning in the full sun. But the deck was a mess and all wet so I waited to take pictures.

Once the drain was cleared, there was the usual, "Run a lot of water through this." Well, I ran a lot of water through it - pumped straight out of the pool. About three inches, since it rained a whole lot yesterday. By my calculations, about 700 gallons :-D That high CYA is gonna go down!

Attachments

• pool1.jpg
    pool1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 63
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 64
  • pool3.jpg
    pool3.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 86
Richard320 said:
It really did look good this morning in the full sun. But the deck was a mess and all wet so I waited to take pictures.
Nice use of space on that lot! (I'll wager 50 faux-gold dubloons that you live in California?) -- Our backyard is only slightly deeper so we had a few feet more to play with during the design phase (it still feels like it takes up the entire yard). I put the pool as close to the fence as I dared. The inspector grumbled but passed it, after I talked his ear off with the kind of enthusiasm normally reserved for the play-offs about all of the cool drainage I planned to install. A cross-street neighbor installed a 40' lane-and-a-half wide lap pool, very rectilinear, 18" raised bond beam perimeter, slate cap. He likes it... it says "Copia raised-bed herb garden with water" to me. Not unusual in this area to see pools built at zero clearance, right at the foundation footing of a bedroom or kitchen.... if there's a window there it becomes a solid wall to meet code or the pool doesn't get built.

Oddly similar in a way to the conflation of intersected circles, script and waves I tried to work into my pool design, I think yours is more successful. I like the modest elevation of the raised back wall and the almost Lissajous sweep facing the curvature of the wedding cake steps and bench.

Anyway, thanks for sharing photos!

That looks mighty fine there Richard. :goodjob:

I always enjoy it when people come over and ask how I keep the pool looking so good. Then I can represent the BBB!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.