Is it ok to leave the robot in the water for a long time?

serge

Nov 2, 2009
Katy, TX
With the cold weather we've had here in Houston, I have not taken the robot out of the water in a long time. I have the Pentair Platinum Robotic Cleaner. Will the robot be damaged in any way?

Thanks for the comments...

Mine is essentially a permanent resident of my pool floor. It only comes out for parties; too lazy to take it out daily.

The finish of the plastic body is a bit dull after 15 years but otherwise continues to suck (in a good way) :-D

Marc

Same here in Little Rock. My Pentair Platinum is a resident of the bottom for the last 3 yrs and it looks as and runs as new. Only reason to take it out is for non-family swimmers who might no respect it!

hodapmj said:
Same here in Little Rock. My Pentair Platinum is a resident of the bottom for the last 3 yrs and it looks as and runs as new. Only reason to take it out is for non-family swimmers who might no respect it!
  • I don't know. Mine keeps trying to climb out. Poor thing doesn't know he's tethered in place. :cry: Maybe he's trying to tell me something?

My Legend has been pretty maintenance free. From time to time I have to remove a twig stuck in on of the wheels. The debris bags seem to only last about a season (lots of sticks from overhanging live oaks). And last year I had to replace the backup valve. But other than cleaning the bag when it is full, I don't do much to it.

I'm guessing that the best preventative maintenance is keeping the water chemistry in check (especially pH).

Marc

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.