Suggestion: Quick Reply

Sep 24, 2009
Spring, TX
Is there a way to add a quick reply option to this board. Sometimes I just want to say something quick, but having to click on post reply takes additional time. Not that it is hard, but a quick reply would be great. Maybe it is here and I am just missing it.

Also could we have a way to go straight to the post instead of having to go to the post confirmation screen.

Thanks.

JasonLion said:
Thank you for your suggestions!

We have a forum software update coming up soon. I will see if I can fit those ideas into the schedule.
Hi Jason, is it possible to have a spell check software :-D The old brain seems not to coordinate with the fingers lately :(
And an automatic picture resizing program when up loading or attaching pics would be nice :roll: It is very challenging to have to make a copy of a pic and then to resize several times to get under 256 kb before it is accepted as an attachment :(

Thank you for your direction and support :cheers: :cheers:

If the pics are resident on your hard drive, you can likely use your photo manager (Picasa,etc.) and simply email them to yourself. Picasa (and I assume most others) will reduce them to about 60k or so.

Put the now-reduced photo on your desktop and upload it into your post.

Brentr said:
JasonLion said:
Thank you for your suggestions!

We have a forum software update coming up soon. I will see if I can fit those ideas into the schedule.
Hi Jason, is it possible to have a spell check software :-D The old brain seems not to coordinate with the fingers lately :(
And an automatic picture resizing program when up loading or attaching pics would be nice :roll: It is very challenging to have to make a copy of a pic and then to resize several times to get under 256 kb before it is accepted as an attachment :(

Thank you for your direction and support :cheers: :cheers:

Also I think firefox has a built in spell check. I use a program called faststone photo resizer and it works great.

Safari also has a built-in spelling checker.

I will add your vote for a spelling checker to the list for possible support. There have already been several requests for a spelling checker, despite it's presence in several browsers, so it is fairly likely to happen (but no promises).

JasonLion said:
Safari also has a built-in spelling checker.

I will add your vote for a spelling checker to the list for possible support. There have already been several requests for a spelling checker, despite it's presence in several browsers, so it is fairly likely to happen (but no promises).

wha ded u sey? :mrgreen:

JohnT said:
Brentr said:

ieSpell is a good one that is free if you use Internet Explorer http://www.iespell.com/
JohnT I have Internet Explorer so I will look into your suggestion. I may have to PM you if I have a problem with it.

JohnT, thank your suggestion. I have downloaded the "ie program and it works like a charm" :goodjob:
Hopefully I will not look like too much of an idiot :-D :cheers:

Now if only we could have a program that would automatically make my pics the right size when uploading pics from my computer, without having to resize them first :hammer: Just a wish :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.