Beyond The Call Of Duty

eggman

LifeTime Supporter
Our late 2008 pool build is documented here:

Linky Thing: Leonardsmalls Pool Build

but this thread is about what has happened recently between us and our PB, Pearland Pools.

About 2 months ago I sent this picture:

IMG_2039.jpg

to our PB along with the explanation that the sides of the spillover never seemed to dry out completely.

About two months ago they came out and found that the problem in the spa was the result of a leak in the grout line between the tile and the flagstone cap of the spillover. They sawed out the grout line and redid it ... and the "always wet" spillover was no more. While the PB was here I also pointed out that a section of the pool deck seemed to be separating and raising from the existing flagstone patio.

After they discussed options with their decking subcontractor they came back out and broke out the entire pool deck and replaced it.

IMG_2358.jpg
IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg
IMG_2361.jpg

They poured the new deck a couple of weeks ago. Earlier this week, after it cured sufficiently, they resurfaced it with Kool Deck.

IMG_2391.jpg

and today they repainted and recaulked it.

IMG_2400.jpg
IMG_2404.jpg

Keep in mind, our pool was completed over a year ago. Although I did express a concern about the deck separation, there was NO push on my part. It's sure nice to have a PB who believes in doing things right.

That's excellent! It really looks nice.

They did a great job for you. If I were you, I'd write them and complement them on their job and the fact that they stand behind their work. Offer to be a reference for the company in the future. A PB who stands behind their work and really listens to their customer is truly something to behold these days.

Wow! Your PB did a fantastic job for you :goodjob:

Their Customer Service After Care is amazing!

Are they aware that they are being "showcased" on TFP?

Based on the number of members we have from Texas, it appears that all of you have a pool :cool:

Are they aware that they are being "showcased" on TFP?

Yes, they know ... I send them links to the things I've posted both here and on the gardenweb pool forum.

What they've done for us isn't out of the ordinary, we have three friends that they've built for over the past 8 and the deciding factor in our using them in the first place was the consistent "service after the fact" that two of those families received (the third built just a few months before we did)

What a great testament to Pearland Pool's customer service...wow!! Happy that they did this for you no questions asked (and have stayed in business during the downturn). :goodjob:

Oh...your landscaping looks as green and lush as mine right now...LOL! NOT. Palms don't like several days in the '20's, do they? :cry: It's OK...we'll wait for them to recover in the spring. Very happy for you, Eggman!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.