Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Beyond The Call Of Duty

1. Back To Top    #1

Beyond The Call Of Duty

Our late 2008 pool build is documented here:

Linky Thing: Leonardsmalls Pool Build

but this thread is about what has happened recently between us and our PB, Pearland Pools.

About 2 months ago I sent this picture:

to our PB along with the explanation that the sides of the spillover never seemed to dry out completely.

About two months ago they came out and found that the problem in the spa was the result of a leak in the grout line between the tile and the flagstone cap of the spillover. They sawed out the grout line and redid it ... and the "always wet" spillover was no more. While the PB was here I also pointed out that a section of the pool deck seemed to be separating and raising from the existing flagstone patio.

After they discussed options with their decking subcontractor they came back out and broke out the entire pool deck and replaced it.

They poured the new deck a couple of weeks ago. Earlier this week, after it cured sufficiently, they resurfaced it with Kool Deck.

and today they repainted and recaulked it.

Keep in mind, our pool was completed over a year ago. Although I did express a concern about the deck separation, there was NO push on my part. It's sure nice to have a PB who believes in doing things right.
    32x22 Free Form Gunite (3'9"- 5'3") 6'x9' Free Form Spa - 12 Jets, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Color Logic LED Lights, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 1.5hp Tristar 2 speed pool pump, 1.5hp Tristar pump - sheer descents, 1.5hp Tristar spa pump w/1.0hp Blower, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, Hayward Tigershark RC9990 cleaner.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Beyond The Call Of Duty

That's awesome! Good job picking an excellent PB.

3. Back To Top    #3

That's excellent! It really looks nice.

They did a great job for you. If I were you, I'd write them and complement them on their job and the fact that they stand behind their work. Offer to be a reference for the company in the future. A PB who stands behind their work and really listens to their customer is truly something to behold these days.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

Wow! Your PB did a fantastic job for you

Their Customer Service After Care is amazing!

Are they aware that they are being "showcased" on TFP?

Based on the number of members we have from Texas, it appears that all of you have a pool
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

Are they aware that they are being "showcased" on TFP?

Yes, they know ... I send them links to the things I've posted both here and on the gardenweb pool forum.

What they've done for us isn't out of the ordinary, we have three friends that they've built for over the past 8 and the deciding factor in our using them in the first place was the consistent "service after the fact" that two of those families received (the third built just a few months before we did)
    32x22 Free Form Gunite (3'9"- 5'3") 6'x9' Free Form Spa - 12 Jets, Blue Granite Pebblesheen, Color Logic LED Lights, AquaLogic PS-8 control, Goldline Salt Chlorine Generator, 1.5hp Tristar 2 speed pool pump, 1.5hp Tristar pump - sheer descents, 1.5hp Tristar spa pump w/1.0hp Blower, Hayward DE6020 Filter, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, Hayward Tigershark RC9990 cleaner.

6. Back To Top    #6

THAT IS AWESOME!

You certainly picked the right PB!

It's a shame that not all companies give such excellent service

Congrats!!!!!!!
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

7. Back To Top    #7

What a great testament to Pearland Pool's customer service...wow!! Happy that they did this for you no questions asked (and have stayed in business during the downturn).

Oh...your landscaping looks as green and lush as mine right now...LOL! NOT. Palms don't like several days in the '20's, do they? It's OK...we'll wait for them to recover in the spring. Very happy for you, Eggman!
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build