Come on, spring!!!

Finally!!!! It's getting warmer. My big ol' block o' ice is now thawed, and I topped it off over the weekend. I still have the winter cover on it, and plan to leave it on for a while yet. I tested the water after it thawed, and my FC reading was 0.5 with CC 0.5. (I'm still a kid in a candy store with my fancy chemistry set.) I decided that I didn't want it getting too warm without enough chlorine, so filled it back up earlier than I had originally planned and got the pump running. After running the pump for a few hours, my FC was back up to 2.0, and my CC went down to 0.0. The topping off brought my CYA down to a more reasonable 50.

I have been running the pump a couple of hours a day to keep it stirred up, and added some bleach this afternoon. Haven't tested it yet to determine how close I came on my calculations.

Of course, I've already run into a couple of leaks. The sight glass on the filter wasn't sealing anymore, so I had to get a new one. Now I have a leak at the pump outlet. A little teflon tape ought to fix that one.

Anyway, we're finally headed in the right direction. :cheers:

My pool is still frozen solid. :( It's just been a brutal winter this year. Can't wait til it thaws and I can pull the cover off.

Casey said:
My pool is still frozen solid. :( It's just been a brutal winter this year. Can't wait til it thaws and I can pull the cover off.
Aren't you still under about 403 feet of snow?

Grape Ape said:
Spring is definitely here in Seattle, my cherry blossom trees are already in full bloom and my lawn is starting to need mowing.
Cool, (except for the lawn mowing part.) Must be beautiful with the cherry blossoms.

Keep sending that warm weather my way, and I'll keep forwarding it on to Casey and BK. Maybe we can shorten BK's four weeks, and thaw Casey out. :cheers:

It'll still be several weeks before we're ready to get in, but it's up and running again for a couple of hours a day. I'll kick the heater on during the last week of April, (after I get a solar cover,) and it should be ready to go by the first week of May. (Maybe even before that if we get enough warm weather.)

TimS said:
Casey said:
Aren't you still under about 403 feet of snow?

Keep sending that warm weather my way, and I'll keep forwarding it on to Casey and BK. Maybe we can shorten BK's four weeks, and thaw Casey out. :cheers:

OMG! It looked like 403' of snow. :shock: It is finally melting but the pool, well... it's stil frozen.

Please, send the warm weather and pronto! :cool:

I know. It was in the 60's today. Very nice day to go out and shoot the bow and enjoy the weather. Then, it'll be frigid again. :(

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We're expecting a flood here by this evening. It won't be good! I have the car parked in the neighbor's yard until further notice.

Casey said:
We're expecting a flood here by this evening. It won't be good! I have the car parked in the neighbor's yard until further notice.
Did you get washed away, after all? We're expecting some minor flooding over the next couple of days, but it shouldn't be too bad. They're calling for the river to get about 15 inches above flood stage. Shouldn't have much impact on us.

We had some really nice weather the past couple of days with highs in the 60s. This morning it's 37 and sleeting. It's supposed to keep this up all weekend. So much for the first day of spring. :evil:

We're expecting lows in the lower 30s. Since I've already filled the pool, I guess I'll be running the pump full time, even though it's not open yet. Oh well. This time last year I was running the pump and the heater full time. :shock: At least I don't have the heater on this time.

Just officially opened the Dolphin bar and grill with a blender full of frozen Pina Colados. The wife is sunning next to the pool and we have all the water features running. Temp is 78 degrees and beautiful day, however the pool is 60degrees and quite chilly. :-D :cheers: :cheers:

Brentr said:
Just officially opened the Dolphin bar and grill with a blender full of frozen Pina Colados. The wife is sunning next to the pool and we have all the water features running. Temp is 78 degrees and beautiful day, however the pool is 60degrees and quite chilly. :-D :cheers: :cheers:
PBBBBBBBT!!! Showoff!!

I'll be on the next flight down. See you this evening. :party:

Enjoy yourself. Eventually I'll get to do that too. :cheers:

After several days of near 70 and even near 80 temps and SUN, yesterday we had straight line winds 50-70 mph, temps in 30's. I tried to put some gas in my car but couldn't fight the wind. Wind chill must have been in teens. Snowed an inch last night (what stuck) and still in 30's with high but less than yesterday's mph winds.

Flowers blowing off the Aristocrat Pears, right into the pool. It's so nasty outside I don't even want to go out to empty the full, as of yesterday, PoolSkim bags.

We should be treating sun burn with a little AC running by now. :rant:

gg=alice

I think it's already here in Southern California. We hit 90F one day last week, it's been warm every day since. At 8:30 this morning, with the sun just barely hittting part of the pool, the water is 68F.

Yesterday while vacuuming my bare feet got a bit hot on the concrete, so I cooled them off by standing on the top step for a minute. Then I got to tell my wife, "I went into the pool for the first time today." LOL

Richard320 said:
I think it's already here in Southern California. We hit 90F one day last week, it's been warm every day since. At 8:30 this morning, with the sun just barely hittting part of the pool, the water is 68F.

Yesterday while vacuuming my bare feet got a bit hot on the concrete, so I cooled them off by standing on the top step for a minute. Then I got to tell my wife, "I went into the pool for the first time today." LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The weather has been so weird here this whole past year. Don't know what to expect. DH, 74.5 years, was born in Texas and grew up here. (He spent 2 years in Des Moines, IA and certainly likes our winters better.) He considers this to be the weirdest year ever. Past summer was one of coolest yet continuing near drought conditions. We certainly caught up on precipitation this fall/winter. Pool was too cool for me all last summer. Seems like it was that way for many parts of the US. I wore wetsuit when swim-training the puppies. And that made me really WANT solar heating for the pool :wink: .

gg=alice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.