LED Conversion kits for AmerQuartz and Astralpool 21626

Feb 16, 2009
Philippines
Hello:
Are there LED conversion kits available for AmerQuartz and Astralpool 21626 underwater lights? At least on flashlights LED´s seem to outperform halogen bulbs. Has somebody experience, maybe building it´s own conversion?

I assume you have the flat type bulb. Is it 120, 12, 24 volt? Does it plug into the socket with pins or screw in. There are more and more LED replacement bulbs coming out on the market now. I did a quick search but couldn't find a specific LED bulb for your light. I would think any LED bulb, at the right voltage, right pins or screw, shallow enough, and bright enough could be used. I've been replacing a lot of my outdoor low voltage halogens with LEDs. There are many more selections, though, in lower wattage bulbs.

One thing that could be done, maybe, is to replace just the receptacle for the bulb if you can't locate a specific bulb that meets your requirements.

If you could post your voltage, wattage, and how the bulb plugs or screw in that would help a lot.

BTW.... I have a brand new LED color changing Spa Light, 120 volt, 30 ft cord (whole light fixture and bulb) that I need to sell for a steal. I ordered the wrong light for my pool and waited too long to return it. I don't want to put it in my spa as we don't want that much light. I ended up buying a ColorSplash, color changing LED, standard screw base, to put into my old standard light bucket. I don't know what wattage the Spa light is it is but I can check.

gg=alice

Hello:

The bulbs (2 of them per Amerquartz) are the 12 Volt, 2 pin Type T-3 GY 6.35 which are available up to 100 watts. Any direct LED replacement for this type?
Regarding your light: I am in the Philippines and we have 220 volts.

LED Conversion for AmerQuartz and Astralpool 21626

This is how you can really save on electricity cost: Replace your old outdated halogen or whatever bulbs with LED´s in 12 Volt. They use only 10 Watts each. My first try failed, they overheated. Mounting them on the original fixtures let them run too hot, they produce lots of heat. You really need to mount them on the biggest aluminum sheet metal that fits into your light housing. See attached pics for the AmerQuartz with 2 LEDs and for the Astralpool 21626 with only one LED. Do not buy the Astralpool 21626, their plasic lenses always crack after a while on the rims and let water in - garbage product!

There are more powerful LEDs but they require a higher Voltage, meaning changing your transformers or installing converters.

Attachments

• Lwr. pool light south from top, one 18er and one 9er LED 10 Watt.jpg
    Lwr. pool light south from top, one 18er and one 9er LED 10 Watt.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Lwr. pool light south from rear, one 18er and one 9er LED 10 Watt.jpg
    Lwr. pool light south from rear, one 18er and one 9er LED 10 Watt.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 31
  • PIC_3972.jpg
    PIC_3972.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.