My wife found out last week that her (Fortune 500) company was moving operations out of Ct.
As she makes > 1/2 the income in our family, we won't be able to pay our mortgage come Sept., so will have to 'short sell' the condo.
Fear not for us! , Her sister has a rental house in Maine that we can move into
Now, I've lived in NH and know that the pool business, in that area, is 'not something one can make a full time living doing'
The current plan is for me to work out this season with my current pool company, then move up there. My wife may have to 'go on ahead of me' for a couple months whilst I'm finishing out the pool season.
To be quite honest, I'm not sure that there is a real reason for this post I just need to 'work out' this whole thing.
I'm worried about:
1) Finding suitable work for both of us
3) The financial implications of all of this.
4) Not having a pool job (while I have a couple of few other skills I can fall back on - pools are what I love)
5) Moving to a whole new place, with no friends or connections (yes, my wife has her sister, but, for me - it's all gonna be new)
6) I DON"T LIKE MAJOR CHANGES!!! (yes, it's human nature to change, but it's also human nature to resist change)
7) The things I (we) need to do over the next 6 months seem overwhelming at this point!
8) I always thought it would be our choice on when we left this place.
Sorry to bother y'all with my personal BS! I was hoping for a little input on packing up a house (condo), any thoughts on the 'short sell' and making the transition to a new place.
Thanks for reading this!