AutoPilot Pool Pilot Dig-220 ORP on screen?

Jan 31, 2010
I have an AutoPilot Pool Pilot Dig-220 and the letters ORP are on the upper right corner of the screen where the percentage is normally showing. It also seems like the unit is constantly constantly making chlorine and does not switch on and off as it should. What is ORP and how do I switch it off?

The Auto Pilot DIG-220 should never display ORP, but the rather similar Auto Pilot Total Control 75003 Power Supply can display ORP on the top right. Are you sure you have a DIG-220 and not a Total Control unit?

Yikes. I am positive the unit is a Dig-220. I had the screen replaced about a year ago by a service tech, but the ORP showed up recently. I am open to any suggestions. I will also try to get the tech back or find another one. At least the unit is generating chlorine, but I am worried something else will go bad due to this ORP thing.

It's possible that you have the circuit board from the 75003 (Total Control). If you go into the INSTALLER MENU, and make sure the SELECT SYSTEM is programmed to PURIFIER.

Otherwise, check under the power supply and make sure there isn't a cable or jumper that is wired to a two position connector. There should only be the cell cord, tri-sensor cord, Green Bond wire, and a conduit with the incoming power wires.

ORP would mean that your cell is energized to 100%, which means you are potentially overdosing your pool with chlorine.

Please have the service center back out asap and test your chlorine to ensure your chlorine level isn't too high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.