Pool/Spa heater control problem

Jan 29, 2010
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have an pool/spa combination that is controlled by an Intermatic RC2163FE Remote Control Pool to Spa Controller. Here is a link to the manual

http://www.poolandspacontrols.com/~/med ... 163FE.ashx

It has been working fine for 2 years, but now the heater setpoint does not change between pool and spa mode when the remote spa switch/timer is activated. The pump motor and automatic valves are activated properly, but the heater setpoint no longer switches to spa mode.

There is a heater selection switch in the enclosure. The 3 amp fuse is ok. I suspect that there is a relay gone bad, but I can't seem to find any replacement parts anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to test or what I need to change out?

Thanks,

Mike

Assuming you have the electronic ignition model.

Have you tried to set the heater in manual operation mode by pressing temp up and down and mode and holding, power on and wait about 5-7 seconds. Or its possible the heater left remote control mode and goes back to where you need it to be.

Scott

The heater does go into REM or remote mode when you hold the temp up, temp down, and mode buttons down at the same time for 5-7 seconds. When it is in REM mode, the pool setpoint is active, but the spa setpoint never activates when the spa timer/remote switch is activated.

I can set the heater to Manual, select pool or spa mode, and change the temperature setpoint in either mode. That part of the heater operation seems to work fine.

And yes, the heater has electronic ignition.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.