O-Rings for union on Aqua Rite

Jun 30, 2007
North Florida
Today was "SWCG Day" - time to inspect the cell for the first time since moving into this house and also time to add the salt needed due to some rain drains.

The cell didn't actually look too bad, which was surprising since the prior owners obviously missed the Pool Owners 101 class (based on other issues). :hammer:

Anyway...it looks like I need those little o-rings inside the unions on the cell. The current ones are beginning to disintegrate and so I have a leaky connection on one side that I need to address. Where can I find these o-rings? Internet searches are coming up empty, except for 1 site that lists a Hayward part number SX200Z3, which I'm not sure is the right thing.

Thanks for your help.

dawndenise said:
Thanks for the further replies.

Any easy way to tell the difference between Viton and EPDM?

Not really.

Just go to any pool supply store and see what sort of union o-rings they offer. I know I've been able to match the Aquarite o-rings up to generic union o-rings quite a few times. If you don't have any luck in finding any just let me know and I'll see what I can do to get some.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.