Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CPO Training, is it worth it?

1. Back To Top    #1

CPO Training, is it worth it?

I'm in the middle of a career change and following the CPO thread - what's not taught. Instead of going OT in that thread, I'll ask outside of it.

Is there any value in becoming a CPO (other than marketing value)?

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

- Jeff
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CPO Training, is it worth it?

Sure there is, but I wouldn't do it for marketing. It's valuable if you want to focus on commercial customers. If you want to stick with residential then there's not much use in it.

3. Back To Top    #3

Is there something I should be looking at for residential?

Thanks!

- Jeff
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

4. Back To Top    #4

APSP Tech certification is comparable, though it is strictly for education and touting yourself. It doesn't open any doors the way a CPO certification does.