Equipment set - is this an okay filter location

n8huntsman

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
I don't quite have enough space to get all the equipment in one spot. There is a walkway to the gate that I need to maintain at a certain width. If I push everthing down, away from the fence, the heater sticks out into the walkway too much. Is there a maximum distance that the filter should be from the rest of the equipment? I would like to keep it where it's at and make a small cut in the concrete near the filter, tunnel under the walkway and pop back up to the pump and heater on the other side where there will be another cut in the concrete. Does anyone see any issues with this?[attachment=1:8aqx03m4]SAM_0098 - Copy.JPG[/attachment:8aqx03m4][attachment=0:8aqx03m4]SAM_0096 - Copy.JPG[/attachment:8aqx03m4]

Attachments

• SAM_0098 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0098 - Copy.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 30
  • SAM_0096 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0096 - Copy.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 30
Shouldn't be a problem with the filter there (unless you don't want to see it when you open the blinds on that window!), but I question the heater placement. How far is that off of your property line? I can't see from the picture but it looks like you may be up against a fence (heaters have to be 12" away from combustible materials also), and that fence may be property line?

Use big pipe (2 1/2" would be nice, or bigger)and that will help make your plumbing more efficient. Keep your 90's to a minimum. Other than that, no real reason why the filter wouldn't work like you are considering (unless you don't want to see it when you open the blinds on that window; did I say that already??!).

Great news. Thanks a lot. That's just a bathroom window so I'm not really concerned with having a view while I'm in there, lol. And no, that's not a property line behind the heater. It's just a shed. I will ensure that it is 12" away. And the fence and gate is just a secondary gate between my sideyard and my backyard. The pool will be just on the other side. Fairly short plumbing runs and keeping the equipment out of sight.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.