Copying pictures??

Bart

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Northern Virginia
I'm in the very, very early stages of planning a pool and I wanted to gather pictures of good ideas or things that I might like, but I can't seem to copy pictures out of the fourm into a Word document. Usually I just right click on the picture........copy and paste and it shows up in the Word doc, but that doesnt' seem to be working for me.

What am I doing wrong? How do I copy pictures?

Thanks!

Bart said:
I'm in the very, very early stages of planning a pool and I wanted to gather pictures of good ideas or things that I might like, but I can't seem to copy pictures out of the fourm into a Word document. Usually I just right click on the picture........copy and paste and it shows up in the Word doc, but that doesnt' seem to be working for me.

What am I doing wrong? How do I copy pictures?

Thanks!
Welcome to the forum :-D

If you can see a picture in your browser you ought to be able to right-click, copy and then paste into a blank Word doc. What browser/version (IE, Firefox etc.) are you using, which operating system (Windows Vista, Apple, etc.) and what version of MS Word?

In Windows, of course, you can also use screen print (Shift-Print Scrn, then paste from the clipboard into Word, then edit the picture to trim off parts you don't want) but it's a heavy-handed way of just grabbing a single photo.

I'm using IE 7, or whatever their latest version is.

Funny thing is, right after I posted, I tried to copy another picture and I could do it as it normally works, but when I went back to the original picture I wanted, it wouldn't let me copy it. So it seems like some pictures are posted in such a way that allows them to be copied and others give me trouble.

Bart said:
Funny thing is, right after I posted, I tried to copy another picture and I could do it as it normally works, but when I went back to the original picture I wanted, it wouldn't let me copy it. So it seems like some pictures are posted in such a way that allows them to be copied and others give me trouble.
I'd forgotten that some web sites try to prevent copying of images through various tricks or, as John said, use proprietary software such as Flash. If you want the picture badly enough there are many ways to get around this, the easiest way described above by Thinkly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.