Pool Pump Suggestion & SWG

May 26, 2009
Eatontown, NJ
I will be putting a heat pump in the beginning of May for a nice warm pool for Memorial Day Weekend. I am interested in suggestions of recommended Manufacturer's.

I also want to convert to a salt system, that is the best way to go right? I would also like a recommended mfg. for a salt system?

I have read that some system can be hooked up to a remote system that can be monitored and adjusted form inside the house. I would like to get a heat pump and SWG that has that capability if I choose to add that feature down the road.

Do these two unit make any noise that I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance

Frank's%20iPhone%20IMG_0550.jpg

fharczuk said:
I will be putting a heat pump in the beginning of May for a nice warm pool for Memorial Day Weekend. I am interested in suggestions of recommended Manufacturer's.

Im sure you will get lots of advice. Most of the heat pumps on the market will do as advertised. Piston vs scroll compressor, titantium vs not titantium heat exchangers are things to look into. But, in the end, they all work about the same. I have an Aquacomfort that works really well. My neighbor has a Jandy that works about the same as my Aquacomfort. Do your research and check into the warrenty and service on them in your area.

Salt systems are about the same. People with one type will tell you theirs is the best, dont buy any other kind than what they have. Again, they all work about the same, some have better customer service than others maybe, depends. I like my Pentair. Just get one thats over sized. Bigger is better.

I suppose that if somebody has/had trouble with a particular brand of heat pump and SWG they would say stay away. A guy down the road may have the exact same brand and have no trouble and tell you its the best thing since sliced bread. Due dilegence!

To get the ability to control the heatpump and SWCG from inside the house would probably require a pool automation controller. Usually these controlers are bundled with the SWCG. For example GoldLine/Hayward has the AquaPlus/Pro Logic lines. Jandy and pentair have similiar lines. You should select all of the components from one manufacturer. Things will just work together easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.