Thanks!

crokett

Jul 17, 2007
Hillsborough, NC
Well after 3 days my pool looks much better. As of Tuesday evening the algae bloom in my 15' pool was about 7' in diameter in the center with more deposits along the edges. It was heavy enough that in most places you could not see the bottom through it. The treatments I'd done were spectacularly ineffective and I was considering draining the pool and starting over.

Based on the advice on this forum, Wednesday I vacuumed what I could and brought the chlorine levels up to about 30 PPM. I brushed twice in the morning on Thurs and Fri and once yesterday morning and evening. I let the chlorine levels drop so we could swim this weekend. I am not sure if what is left is dead or live alage but will vac today and brush and shock again in the AM.

thanks again!

Glad it's helping, but just so you know, that until your pool stays at the high level all night long, you have not killed it all and it will come back quickly.

I understand you want to swim this weekend, but you may be setting yourself back on the algae killing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.