Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks!

1. Back To Top    #1

Thanks!

Well after 3 days my pool looks much better. As of Tuesday evening the algae bloom in my 15' pool was about 7' in diameter in the center with more deposits along the edges. It was heavy enough that in most places you could not see the bottom through it. The treatments I'd done were spectacularly ineffective and I was considering draining the pool and starting over.

Based on the advice on this forum, Wednesday I vacuumed what I could and brought the chlorine levels up to about 30 PPM. I brushed twice in the morning on Thurs and Fri and once yesterday morning and evening. I let the chlorine levels drop so we could swim this weekend. I am not sure if what is left is dead or live alage but will vac today and brush and shock again in the AM.

thanks again!
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer

2. Back To Top    #2

Glad it's helping, but just so you know, that until your pool stays at the high level all night long, you have not killed it all and it will come back quickly.

I understand you want to swim this weekend, but you may be setting yourself back on the algae killing.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

3. Back To Top    #3

I understand. The water was at that high level at least 48 hrs. I vacuumed today and got the bottom clean - for the first time in a few weeks. I will watch it the next few days and see if I get any new growth.
    27' Round Might Sun AG Pool 18000 Gallon Intex Krystal Clear SWG Hayward Pump/Filter on a Timer