cva failure? repair or replace? i would like to recycle...

Pr0tect0r

In The Industry
Jan 20, 2010
Hey guys,
I've got a compool actuator valve that when switching to spa mode during freeze protection, doesn't finish switching. It seems that the gears/cams are worn out as it appears that the gears teeth aren't connecting, therefore failing to move the camshaft. Is there a manual or guide with any advice on repairing these, as I have another spare actuator I would like to recycle if possible.
I am concerned that it will move to spa suction one day and then fail completely, drain the spa and then burn up the pump. Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Pr0tect0r said:
Hey guys,
I've got a compool actuator valve that when switching to spa mode during freeze protection, doesn't finish switching. It seems that the gears/cams are worn out as it appears that the gears teeth aren't connecting, therefore failing to move the camshaft. Is there a manual or guide with any advice on repairing these, as I have another spare actuator I would like to recycle if possible.
I am concerned that it will move to spa suction one day and then fail completely, drain the spa and then burn up the pump. Any suggestions?
Can't help much with repair advice, but I can point you to a parts schematic...

http://www.aqua-man.com/schematic.asp?kc=S1726

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.