Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: cva failure? repair or replace? i would like to recycle...

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

cva failure? repair or replace? i would like to recycle...

Hey guys,
    I've got a compool actuator valve that when switching to spa mode during freeze protection, doesn't finish switching. It seems that the gears/cams are worn out as it appears that the gears teeth aren't connecting, therefore failing to move the camshaft. Is there a manual or guide with any advice on repairing these, as I have another spare actuator I would like to recycle if possible.
    I am concerned that it will move to spa suction one day and then fail completely, drain the spa and then burn up the pump. Any suggestions?
    Thank you!
    7600 gal, IG rectangular, SWG wood-fired pool heater, solar heating (pool not too warm, hot tub too big)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: cva failure? repair or replace? i would like to recycle...

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0tect0r
    Hey guys,
    I've got a compool actuator valve that when switching to spa mode during freeze protection, doesn't finish switching. It seems that the gears/cams are worn out as it appears that the gears teeth aren't connecting, therefore failing to move the camshaft. Is there a manual or guide with any advice on repairing these, as I have another spare actuator I would like to recycle if possible.
    I am concerned that it will move to spa suction one day and then fail completely, drain the spa and then burn up the pump. Any suggestions?
    Can't help much with repair advice, but I can point you to a parts schematic...

http://www.aqua-man.com/schematic.asp?kc=S1726
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009