Goldline Pro Logic Control Panel Issue

Nov 19, 2009
Sacramento
Over the past few weeks, my Pro Logic PL-P-4 model has started acting up. The display will flash the current reading (temp, salt level, etc) for about a 1/4 second then go completely blank. It's very difficult to read, so I called the manufacturer (pool is only 5 months old) and they recommended a service company in my area. The service guy came out today while I was at work and then I got a call from the service company saying the service guy indicated everything was working fine. They told me because of the temperature, the control panel is supposed to act that way and that it will until the temperature warms up. I called the manufacturer back and he said that's incorrect. I can't seem to get through to the service company what my issue is, so I requested that the service person that went out there give me a call. From my discussion with the manufacturer, the display is supposed to be on constantly, but will rotate between the various readings, not flash on and off. He said it sounds like a wire may be lose or something electrical. Just wanted to post this on here and make sure I'm understanding how this thing is supposed to work. Thank you!

jason92s said:
From my discussion with the manufacturer, the display is supposed to be on constantly, but will rotate between the various readings, not flash on and off.
That is certainly the way the precursor to the Pro Logic works. How cold is the air temperature where you are? I've been outside when the air was 26° F. and the pool temp was below 45° F. and the [Aqua Logic] PS-8 display rotated through its readings just as you describe --- no flickering or flashing of any kind. It's possible that the display unit hasn't been seated fully or correctly in the cut-out, or something else (a wire connection) is loose. It's definitely not a normal occurrence.

Welcome to the forum :-D

Thank you for the reply. The temperature has been in the 40's to 50's lately. Probably as low as 28 over the past month. It's just so frustrating trying to deal with the service company!

Again, thank you and I'm glad I found this site (a friend told me about it). So much great information on here!

jason92s said:
Thank you for the reply. The temperature has been in the 40's to 50's lately. Probably as low as 28 over the past month. It's just so frustrating trying to deal with the service company!
Glad you're here.

The unit is five months old and obviously still under warranty -- this might be something you can fix yourself if you're a bit handy (and careful); otherwise, insist on getting a service call from a competent technician and have it either fixed or swapped for a new unit.

Yeah, it's been raining non-stop for several days now, so I'm waiting for a break to go out there and take it apart. Here's a rough video I just shot that shows the flickering/blinking. It's off my iPhone, so it's not great quality, but you can see what I'm talking about. It blinks in at the 9, 13, 20, 25, and 33 second mark.

[youtube:2lafdv3q]KkXwFBv1mYg[/youtube:2lafdv3q]

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.