Coping paint?

JasonK

May 13, 2009
Topeka, KS
Last fall I removed all the alum. coping from my 18x36 buster crabbe inground pool. I've sandblasted 2 of the 50+ panels..... I planned to have them powdercoated. No I think I better ask the pro's. What would you suggest? Keep on my powder coating track or use some sort of pool paint? Summer will be here in like 5 months. Thanks! Jason.

Powder coating is probably the toughest, most durable finish you can apply. I don't know how ridgid the coping is prior to installation but, once installed, I can't imagine a better finish.

I would suggest taking a piece of the coping to the powder coating applicator and get their opinion and/or warranty.

I have a friend who works for a Powder Coating Company. They will do them for 1.00 a piece. So I'd have 60 bucks invested or so.... I think the coping is pretty sturdy, I don't think it would bend or flex at all. Painting them at home would be easier and much easier to touch up later on.

I give a quick 'primer' :lol: on coping painting at the bottom of this thread.

If I read this thread correctly, you'll need to remove the coping from the pool to get the powdercoat applied. If you do this, please make a diagram and # the pieces so that they go back on correctly (probably some pieces were cut so that they fit around the pool correctly, if you don't, the coping might not go back on the right way.) :!:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.