My water is green not blue, how can I fix that?

Abe,

Pool water is green because of algae. I know of no other cause. (well, green food coloring but I doubt you used that :lol: :lol: )

As Jason said, we can help a lot more with a full set of test results but you've got algae and chlorine (lot's of it) is the cure.

For some reason, many owners have said that their newly plastered pools have green tint for the first few days.

Mine was the same way, eventually turning seriously cloudy blue, due to heavy brushing of blue plaster and no pump/filter running.

(As I type, there's someone outside plumbing my pump/filter.)

So IF your pool is plaster and brand new, give it a few days before you start not liking the color.

Good luck,

Steve

Our water here is green now as soon as you fill the pool, even vinyl, and after you shock it, the green goes away as the chlorine wears off. That is because our water is being treated with chloramines at the water treatment plant. It's a process with amonia and chlorine. It's like the water comes with CC sort of.

I believe it is what has caused my problem with Iron in the water, chloramines tend to leech metals from pipes from what I have been reading. If leech is the right word.

And whenever my metal sesquesterant wears out, after I add chlorine, I get a green tint until I get the next dose put in.

Also never rule out green food coloring if you have kids around........

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.