Kreepy Krauly floating?

smc

Oct 3, 2009
Tucson, Arizona
My krawler floats in the deep end, even after I moved the weights toward to krawler. It will just hang over the floor and jiggle. I can move it to the shallow end and it will work fine for a while, then I'll find it floating again. Is this because of the cold and change in density of the water? What can I do? I already experimented with the pressure and speed. The filters are all clean.

All this after I got it working perfect. She's got 2 new hose segments and a new footpad. Never any problems, except the hose weight problem and that was because I replaced the hose segments. The previous owner never had problems either.

I had to experiment with mine after the previous owners left it outside to bake in the sun during the 1.5 years the house was vacant.

Mine did the same thing. I would find it floating, or just completely idle. I adjusted the weights like you did, but found out it was my main drain that was the culprit. You know that the main drain has to be completely shut off for it to work, and I found out that my valve was busted. Not much was coming through, but enough to jack with the pressure that it needed to operate.

I replaced the valve, and then watched the instructional video, just to make sure I had it right. Flawless ever since.

GK

I went ahead and reversed the dive float diverter to keep it floating at an angle. It appears that the hose has developed a curl, so I twisted it so that it appeared to work "naturally."
I need to replace the top bearing, but for now we'll see it this works.

We just got a killer storm last night and I forgot to check the pool before I left to see if Swamp Thing was back. LOL!

Make sure that the swiveled coupling at the top moves freely. Mine had become chalky after being left outside for so long, and was easily replaced out of the spare parts bin at the pool store. Mine didn't move the way it should, and started kinking up the hose, messing up the whole deal. Those hoses pretty much have to lay flat and not kink during the whole operation.

Right, I have to replace the top bearing, but I don't think that is the problem. That's been bad for the last 2 years. I need to replace the dive float and a couple other parts now, thanks to the storm last night. We actually had tornado warning! Sucker looks like it got in a fight and the pool looks like a swamp with "drunken" krawly tracks. :) Maybe I'll pick up another weight while I'm at the pool store.

I just bought my 3rd Kreepy Krauly, and assembled it last night and set it up, and got it running ok. Later I went outside and noticed that it was operating, but floating just below the surface of the pool. When I turn off the pump, the Krauly continues to float and does not sink like my other ones did. Ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.