Many 90 degree fittings

Our main plumbing line which goes thru the pump, filter, heat pump, and SWG has 16 90 degree fittings within the equipment room. All of the 2 inch pipes also enter or return right next to each other. I would like to at least switch to two 45 degree fittings for each 90 degree and also reduce the number of fittings. If I supplied diagrams and photos is there someone I could hire to do an efficient design? The closest person with any pool talent is over 300 miles away. Also, since some lines do not have shut off where they need to be cut and rerouted does this mean that the pool would have to be totally drained to accomplish this project?

2 45s are about the same head loss as a single 90 so you really won't gain much with that.

Also, as long as the equipment pad is above the water line, then you won't need to drain the pool.

16 90 deg fittings, wow.

Not knowing what your system looks like it's hard to advise someone.

If you have these

picserve.cgi

can you replace some of them with these? They are called 90 deg sweeps.

picserve.cgi

Pictures are from FlexPVC.com

Either someone was having a sale on 90's or the plumber was getting paid by the piece :shock:

Each 90 equals about 10' of pipe, so less is better in this case. 90's cause turbulence in the outer radius, and if you have them too close to the pump they can also cause cavitation at the pump. How does the pump sound?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.