Astral Hurlcon VX11 low salt light

Danrts

Jan 17, 2019
Cairns Australia
Hi I have a Astral Hurlcon VX11 chlorinator and cell. About 8 years old. Low salt light comes on and chlorlorinator output wont go above 3. If I try to increase it to 4 it just drops back to 1. - chlorine is being generated at 3. (Salt level of pool confirmed at pool shop as 6000 so not low).

Does this sound like a cell/electrode issue or a chlorinator issue?

Prior to this low salt light issue happening it was outputting chlorine at 8 with no problems.

I pulled it apart and was scraping off some excess ?calcium buildup on the cell plates but I haven't done the diluted HCL clean (if that might help)

Any help appreciated.

Hi im looking at replacing my just under 4 year old Emaux chlorinator its not been very reliable lots of red light issues .I am interested to know if you have a any other problems with the vx11 in the 8 years you have owned and what sort of run cycles you do with it .I live in Thailand out in the sticks so i dont have a large choice of suppliers and prices here are near double AUS/US any advise would be welcome thanks in advance

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.