Stains in pool plaster

After hurricane Jimena we had between 26 and 50 inches of rain here in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico. Because of this we had no electricity for about a week. We were gone and the person who maintained our pool that normally uses a SWG for chlorine threw 3 inch chlorine tablets into the bottom of the pool to prevent the pool water from going bad. Needless to say, this bleached the bottom of the pool which is plaster with Hidrazzo goulstrem blue. We now have 6 inch diameter spots that look like mold. The pool maintenance person has brushed them which did nothing. What is the best way to fix this? Do we need to completely drain the pool?

da2434890 said:
After hurricane Jimena we had between 26 and 50 inches of rain here in San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico. Because of this we had no electricity for about a week. We were gone and the person who maintained our pool that normally uses a SWG for chlorine threw 3 inch chlorine tablets into the bottom of the pool to prevent the pool water from going bad. Needless to say, this bleached the bottom of the pool which is plaster with Hidrazzo goulstrem blue. We now have 6 inch diameter spots that look like mold. The pool maintenance person has brushed them which did nothing. What is the best way to fix this? Do we need to completely drain the pool?
I don't know enough about this type of finish to offer guidance but suggest that you browse through some of the threads on this site where it's discussed.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Hydrazzo ... eepool.com

The chlorine tablets may have effected a mini-acid wash on those areas, modifying the color and texture of the surface.

da2434890 said:
Thanks for your reply to contact Aquavations. First I realized the correct spelling so that I could figure out what product I have. Aquavations sounds very helpful and is having me send pictures and it might be possible to fix the issue by not draining the pool.

Happy to help! Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.