How Sick of this Cold Streak Are You??

How sick of this cold are you?

• Total voters
I know it sucks when the cold gets to far south because then we all have to pay the price for lost produce etc, and the extra money you southerns have to shell out because your equipment is freezing up and getting busted but nothing we can do to stop it.
I personally love winter. No yard work, no lawn mowing and no pool maintenance. What more could I ask for? I get a good 5 month vacation from all that. Nothing but play time on the snowmobile or sledding with the kids.

Don't get me wrong I love summer and time spent in the pool, but I think I would really get sick of looking at the same thing year around. I need change.

file.php

98xc600 said:
I know it sucks when the cold gets to far south because then we all have to pay the price for lost produce etc, and the extra money you southerns have to shell out because your equipment is freezing up and getting busted but nothing we can do to stop it.
I personally love winter. No yard work, no lawn mowing and no pool maintenance. What more could I ask for? I get a good 5 month vacation from all that. Nothing but play time on the snowmobile or sledding with the kids.

Don't get me wrong I love summer and time spent in the pool, but I think I would really get sick of looking at the same thing year around. I need change.

I agree with that! I lived in Colorado a great portion of my life and I miss the snow / seasons terribly. Quite a few of the snow birds who flock here for the winter months are NOT very happy about the cold following them, however! I just wish the cold would have hit at Christmas time. It was in the 80's at the time (or something very near to it).

Hey there :wave:

You seem to like the polling :wink:

I like the winter because it's a chance to 'decompress' after a frenzied season of working on pools.

I do have to admit that I preferred the lay-off in Richmond, Va. which was 6 - 8 weeks vs. the 4 months I have to do up here :mrgreen:

I'm very happy to see you still here after the lack of responses to your first poll :goodjob:

Haha Ted, yes, I do enjoy a good poll! I love the input everyone gives as well. It's nice to pick everyone's brain from time to time in a light-hearted, off-topic way (just like winter gives you a break from pool work!) So expect more polls in the future! But I promise not to overdo it.

Right now it is raining cats and dogs :( but this is better than the cold weather we have been having :-D It is 69.5 degrees and we are having cocktails in the Flamingo Lounge watching the pool light show :party: Oh well I know that we are the envy from others up North, just sit back and have a drink :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.