new house w/pool

Jun 29, 2009
well i'm purchasing a new house and it has an in ground pool and i guess the spa needs a remote ? Is this common I have found the reciever box and it says AQUADYNE on it ,but a google search turns nothing concrete .....any ideas ???

Welcome to TFP where you will find a wealth of information and people willing to help you with your pool. I do not know what you are referring to however maybe posting a pic may help others identify your concern :-D

We used Aquadyne contol systems several years in the early 90's. I am not a control expert but as I understand it they operated by sending an FM signal through the common wire. Most of the components could be purchased through Radio Shack . I still have a "plug 'n power remote control center Cat. No. 61-2677C" purchased through Radio Shack. Somebody told me Radio Shack no longer carries the Plug 'n Power system. HTH

well basically to operate the spa we must need a remote . i looked at the valves and they look like jandy automatic ..neverlube valves that CANNOT be turned manually .....maybe i will just call a local pool builder and get the basic lowdown onthis pertillicular set-up !!!!

You can operate the Jandy valves with the 3 position toggle switch located on the actuator.

If you google Plug 'n Power there are places that sell the components. It appears that X10 controllers should operate your system and you can buy them for $20.

renovxpt said:
You can operate the Jandy valves with the 3 position toggle switch located on the actuator.
It's true -- the toggle switch on mine is located under the unit -- but be careful in turning the valve: after positioning the toggle to the half-way point (preventing electronic actuation) back off the top screw, counter-clockwise, a few turns and push down on the handle before adjusting the valve. To revert to automatic control pull up on the handle, turn the valve to original position, then retighten the top screw (rightie tightie) before returning the toggle switch to the starting position -- left or right, depending on where you found it.

I WILL KEEP ALL THE INFO IN MIND . If I want to turn the spa jets on how would i do that WITHOUT a remote there are only four valves on the whole system .
i will try to post a pic soon ....but does anyone have a link to a basic operations/ layout for a pool / spa combo ...btw there is only 1 pump !

captianron713 said:
I WILL KEEP ALL THE INFO IN MIND . If I want to turn the spa jets on how would i do that WITHOUT a remote there are only four valves on the whole system .
i will try to post a pic soon ....but does anyone have a link to a basic operations/ layout for a pool / spa combo ...btw there is only 1 pump !
Aaah, but there really is no standard for pool / spa combos; they're all a bit different. If the spa jets are operated by a dedicated pump, you'd want to be sure the right valve is turned and then turn the pump on. Some systems are adjusted via a master controller that automatically turns the valves to redirect circulation and/or return water supply for jets. Best to post pics of your equipment pad and you'll get more specific feed back.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There should be one valve motor/actuator on the front of the pump that controls the suction from pool or spa and one after the heater that controls water returning to the pool or spa. You can switch the valves from pool to spa by moving the toggle switches 2 clicks on each valve motor. the middle position on the toggles is off or neutral.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.