Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new house w/pool

1. Back To Top    #1

new house w/pool

well i'm purchasing a new house and it has an in ground pool and i guess the spa needs a remote ? Is this common I have found the reciever box and it says AQUADYNE on it ,but a google search turns nothing concrete .....any ideas ???
    'If you can read this, thank a teacher -and, since it's in English, thank a soldier'

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new house w/pool

Does the house have a Koi pond too?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP where you will find a wealth of information and people willing to help you with your pool. I do not know what you are referring to however maybe posting a pic may help others identify your concern
    5,775 gal, IG free form, Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish, 2 swim out benches, Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues, StaRite Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter replaced with Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15, Polaris 360, Pentair 300w Light upgraded to Pentair IntelliBrite (OMG what a huge difference) , Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers, solar cover, TF-100 test kit, Pentair Deck Jet, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer (Makes testing a breeze), Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Margarita Concoction Machine,
    Pics of our Spool ( Social Pool) being built Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

4. Back To Top    #4

We used Aquadyne contol systems several years in the early 90's. I am not a control expert but as I understand it they operated by sending an FM signal through the common wire. Most of the components could be purchased through Radio Shack . I still have a "plug 'n power remote control center Cat. No. 61-2677C" purchased through Radio Shack. Somebody told me Radio Shack no longer carries the Plug 'n Power system. HTH

5. Back To Top    #5

well basically to operate the spa we must need a remote . i looked at the valves and they look like jandy automatic ..neverlube valves that CANNOT be turned manually .....maybe i will just call a local pool builder and get the basic lowdown onthis pertillicular set-up !!!!
    'If you can read this, thank a teacher -and, since it's in English, thank a soldier'

6. Back To Top    #6

You can operate the Jandy valves with the 3 position toggle switch located on the actuator.

If you google Plug 'n Power there are places that sell the components. It appears that X10 controllers should operate your system and you can buy them for $20.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by renovxpt
    You can operate the Jandy valves with the 3 position toggle switch located on the actuator.
    It's true -- the toggle switch on mine is located under the unit -- but be careful in turning the valve: after positioning the toggle to the half-way point (preventing electronic actuation) back off the top screw, counter-clockwise, a few turns and push down on the handle before adjusting the valve. To revert to automatic control pull up on the handle, turn the valve to original position, then retighten the top screw (rightie tightie) before returning the toggle switch to the starting position -- left or right, depending on where you found it.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

8. Back To Top    #8

I WILL KEEP ALL THE INFO IN MIND . If I want to turn the spa jets on how would i do that WITHOUT a remote there are only four valves on the whole system .
    i will try to post a pic soon ....but does anyone have a link to a basic operations/ layout for a pool / spa combo ...btw there is only 1 pump !

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by captianron713
    I WILL KEEP ALL THE INFO IN MIND . If I want to turn the spa jets on how would i do that WITHOUT a remote there are only four valves on the whole system .
    i will try to post a pic soon ....but does anyone have a link to a basic operations/ layout for a pool / spa combo ...btw there is only 1 pump !
    Aaah, but there really is no standard for pool / spa combos; they're all a bit different. If the spa jets are operated by a dedicated pump, you'd want to be sure the right valve is turned and then turn the pump on. Some systems are adjusted via a master controller that automatically turns the valves to redirect circulation and/or return water supply for jets. Best to post pics of your equipment pad and you'll get more specific feed back.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

10. Back To Top    #10

10-4 I will post a pic asap and i appreciate the help!!

11. Back To Top    #11

There should be one valve motor/actuator on the front of the pump that controls the suction from pool or spa and one after the heater that controls water returning to the pool or spa. You can switch the valves from pool to spa by moving the toggle switches 2 clicks on each valve motor. the middle position on the toggles is off or neutral.