Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool is done

1. Back To Top    #1

pool is done

I have finally finished the pool. I started by digging the pool in the ground 18" and digging the deep end on May 26 only to look at the hole for 2 more weeks because the pool was delayed at the factory !!! When I did get get the pool, I started on June 9 and had the pool up and filling on June 17 The water was crystal clear 4 days later and warm enough that the kids were in the pool swimming on June 22. After all that I didn't think it look very nice so on July 10 I started to landscape around it and put in a patio. That was finished on July 15 and as of today I put the last coat of sealant on the patio. The only thing left to do is plant some grass seed in a few places and put in a few plants around the pool, but it's been so dry (only 1 3/4" of rain in the last 2 months) That I'll wait on that till this fall.

I did all the work myself and a few friends that helped with the pool wall and to pour the patio. I figured I saved myself about $4,000!!! So for now it's time to tip a few cold ones back and enjoy with the family for the rest of the summer.
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

2. Back To Top    #2
    YAY! Just in time to get some good swimming time this summer!!
    Congrats on a very nice job!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3

Great job! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Dang! That entire thing is your yard? You could have a park, zoo, ranch or amusement park around that nice pool.

Great job. Enjoy!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Well done. I'm adding it to the slideshow.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Great job. What a yard!!!
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by NWMNMom
    Dang! That entire thing is your yard? You could have a park, zoo, ranch or amusement park around that nice pool.

Great job. Enjoy!
    What you see in the picture is only about a 1/3 of my yard, I mow about 3 acres of lawn! I wish the lawn didn't look so bad
    16' by 32' cornelius AG vinyl liner, 6' deep end, 14500 gal.
    Hayward 250 Lb sand filter
    Hayward 40 GPM pump
    2-2' by 20' sun grabber solar heater.
    4 gal Liquidator. BBB

8. Back To Top    #8

looks great! hope you get the chance to sit back with a few cold ones after all that mowing!
    My pool works thanks to TFP

Please support the site! pages/supporters/

It's cheaper than your first trip to the pool store!