Noob questions (with more to follow)

Barfus

Dec 27, 2009
Middle TN
Guys and gals,

I just purchased a house and never saw the pool before it was closed. I have a few questions about the attached pics.[attachment=2:1sjqhhpj]DSC_0003.JPG[/attachment:1sjqhhpj] These are outside on the window sill. What are they?

[attachment=1:1sjqhhpj]DSC_0004.JPG[/attachment:1sjqhhpj] Is this my pump switch? I am afraid to turn it on because it is very cold outside.

[attachment=0:1sjqhhpj]DSC_0023.JPG[/attachment:1sjqhhpj] I think this is a light j-box. Can anyone give me some tips on where the light switch could be located? There is a rubber stopper underneath the box.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_0023.JPG
    DSC_0023.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 228
The objects in the first pic are the pads for the ladder to keep it from damaging the liner.

The switch is probably the light switch. It doesn't look heavy enough to be for the pump.

The third is the light junction box.

Thanks for the reply JohnT. Unfortunately, if that is the pool light switch, now I am wondering where the pump switch is. All that I can locate is the breaker. Does anyone have any insight?

Attachments

• DSC_0019.JPG
    DSC_0019.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 189
Any boxes about 6"X10"X2.5" that have something like this inside:
82403side2big.jpg

That second photo actually could be your pump switch. It has a lever handle on the front which indicates a heavy duty switch such as a motor switch. Good luck getting everything figured out. Post back and we're more than happy to give you help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.