Should I add water to the pool?

lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
Our pump pot busted on the filter and of course made the water level drop to below the skimmer. The pool cover has about 3-4 in of frozen ice on it. I have 2 4x8 air pillows in there and can tell they are squished down a little and I can also tell that it is putting some strain on the cover. Should I add some water to bring it back up or just leave it be until spring? In any case I will have to drop the water level to replace the pump pot. Just don't want to ruin the new cover or risk messing up the liner.

Since the water is below the skimmer, remove the return fitting in the pool and plug it. Put a short Gizmo in the skimmer. As long as you keep the water level to just below the skimmer lip and drain the water of the cover, it'll be fine. Then you can drain the equipment and lines and fix the pump when you are ready to.

Scott

Thanks Scott! T plugged the skimmer and I have the filter draining since yesterday.. I guess I should have done this a while back :hammer: but since we don't get as cold as we have this year. I just normally run the filter and pump on cold nights. But instead I was more worried in keeping my palms from freezing to death! Just have to wait for the ice to melt, so I can start the siphon. Its frozen solid on there!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.