Replaster Cost Question

dallasjava

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 8, 2010
Dallas, TX
Hello. I know this question has been asked before, but most posts were not in our area. My wife and I are looking at a house that is in foreclosure. The pool is from 1982 and is 510 sq. ft L shape with a small spa. It is built with as a diving pool, but the diving board is long gone. The inspection report mention there are areas of missing plaster. The pool was iced over today so I could get a very good look at it. My question is how much is a ball park figure for re-plastering it. The pool is located in Dallas.

Thanks in advance.

The plastering plus or minus that Kelly mentioned is dependent on several factors:

Does the old finish need a chip out first?
What finish do you want?
Is the tile is good shape or is it something you'd like to replace with a different pattern more suited to you tastes?
The same may be said for the coping too.

If plaster is missing, chances are it delaminated and formed a blister that has since popped and broken away. The question is what caused the delamination and how can it rectified so it doesn't happen again? There may be additional work needed that is hidden or it may just have been a poor plastering to begin with.

Some of the work mentioned could easily double or triple Kelly's suggested number, dependent upon materials used, any remediation, etc...

I don't want to scare you off this home. I just want you to understand that there are best and worst case scenarios.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.