Naples Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I can’t take any more of this global warming!!!

Down here in Naples FL it never got out of the 40's today :grrrr: The pool even turned on automatically as a freeze precaution. It’s not looking good for tomorrow either. It’s so cold I had to put on socks!! Orlando actually had freezing rain and snow flurries!!! Anyone for Splash Mountain? I’m sure the Canadians are on it.

Yesterday it was in the mid 70’s so I jumped at the break in the cold and took a drive to the store with the top down just to stock up on milk, bread and TP to hunker down for the weekend. The weird thing is I don’t even use milk and bread.

I don’t expect to get back in the pool till at least the end of the week.

For all you northerners snickering at us, you won’t be laughing when you try to buy some OJ and produce.

waste said:
Thanks Coastal! :cool: :lol:

Your avatar and location convince me that we are akin in interests and humor :goodjob:

I grew up in CT, I'm trying to get away from the cold but it's not easy. They have closed the schools in Charlotte County due to the cold, I'm sure the kids in CT can relate :mrgreen:

Brentr said:
Coastal have another drink :-D That is what we do in the Flamingo Lounge :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Had to switch from the Mojito to Bloody Mary :cheers:

He's right about the produce pricing. It's already jacking prices. I am not pleased.

The impact on Florida's already hurting economy will not be pretty.

Wait till you see McDonald's Big Mac go up because they can't get lettuce or tomatoes.

Salad bars costing more than a T-Bone.

It isn't going to be pretty.

Scott

I'm all for businesses making a buck to help stimulate the economy and all that jazz but it really galls me with price gouging like that. For instance, I have an aquaintance who is a big-wig in the Apple Growers industry in Michigan, where a bumper crop was yielded this year... farmers are getting pennies for their crop and yet the apple prices in the stores are still at an all time high...why is THAT? And where is that money going??? It's ridiculous!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
frustratedpoolmom said:
I'm all for businesses making a buck to help stimulate the economy and all that jazz but it really galls me with price gouging like that. For instance, I have an aquaintance who is a big-wig in the Apple Growers industry in Michigan, where a bumper crop was yielded this year... farmers are getting pennies for their crop and yet the apple prices in the stores are still at an all time high...why is THAT? And where is that money going??? It's ridiculous!

Supply and demand.
Not sure about the price disparity about your friends’ apples but it’s always supply and demand, unless there is another outside force like the government that is also affecting the price.

Now here is where I’m going to stick my neck out and get flamed but here goes. I do not believe there is such a thing as price gouging. If the price for the OJ were to be forced to stay low, there would be hording because of the low supply. Because the price goes up, it discourages hording and thus the product is available to more people.

I don’t like paying higher prices any more than the next guy but it always works out for the best if the market forces are left to adjust on their own rather than be artificially manipulated by outside forces. :cheers:

Coastal, KUDOS! :cheers:

You obviously not only have excellent taste in TV shows and music as well as an advanced sense of humor, but also understand the basics of Macro-Economics :goodjob: :cheers:

I'll happily join anyone interested in discussing 'Why Coastal is correct' in the coffee bar :wink: (I just hope I can find my copy of Brue & Brue :mrgreen: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.