Pump Speed after brushing

madtv126

Gold Supporter
Jul 30, 2018
Fort Mill, SC
I am trying to get more clarity in my pool, I have recently landscaped and have more dirt in the pool then I want. I notice it more on the horizontal surfaces.

Does it make sense to run my variable speed pump at a higher rpm for awhile after brushing to get the filter to filter more after brushing? Or run it longer at a lower speed?

I am trying to get more clarity in my pool, I have recently landscaped and have more dirt in the pool then I want. I notice it more on the horizontal surfaces.

Does it make sense to run my variable speed pump at a higher rpm for awhile after brushing to get the filter to filter more after brushing? Or run it longer at a lower speed?

Shoot ... Sometimes to get clarity up you need to balance the water first ... but in general ... I'll run mine 24 hours at 2700 RPM to clean it up nice.

Josh, if the clarity issue you are referring to is simply a matter of getting that landscape dirt out, then sure... kicking-up the rpm during brushing should help to grab a bit more debris that sweeping on low. I do the same thing by trying to push it up to the skimmer opening. Ultimately though, you'll probably see some dirt stay settled requiring a vacuum. Now if the clarity isn't just related to the recent landscape work, then you might validate your test numbers and/or post them here just to make sure you don't have an algae issue in the making. Even when I get lazy (too often lately) and let dirt or flagstone dust settle on the bottom, my water is crystal clear.

Thanks Tex, my water is very clear until the brushing and looks good, I will post my chem numbers as soon as I can run the test.

I will run the pump a little longer and then pull out the vac, but man 40 degree water vacuuming sounds rough.

[emoji23]

I think you need to vacuum that dirt out and not brush.

Do you have a pool cleaner?

Mad wrote:

"I have recently landscaped and have more dirt in the pool then I want..." I really a no-dirt kind of guy, so I really prefer none. :) Sorry, couldn't resist.

Run the pump on 1700rpm for 24-36 hrs and agitate water to periodically get dirt to suspend and into filter system

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.