Chapin, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital PPC1 (RC-35)
Our pool liner was installed in January 2013. We had a major leak in our pool over the summer and had it repaired. The leak was under the bottom step where it attaches to the liner. The company now recommends replacing the liner because the repair may not last. They do not recommend stretching the liner to do a better repair because of the age of the liner. I am wondering if this sounds like wise advice?

I also fear that this is a problem from the installation process. We had a leak after the install under the stairs. But, I don't know if there is a better pool company in our area. This company has been around for quite a while and has decent reviews.

Any advice? Since we have had the leak and the repair may not last, should we just go ahead and replace the liner. They have offered a discounted price to do it this year (unless it is too late now) ~$2800.

Thanks!

P.S. attached photos of from January 2013 installation just to show the pool.

Attachments

• PICT5490.jpg
    PICT5490.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 70
  • PICT5496.jpg
    PICT5496.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 71
The pool is holding water fine now right? If so, I would not replace it. Use it as long as you can, it might last another 10 years. Take the $2,800 and put it away for when you need to replace it. If it leaks again at the same spot I'd question the repair and or the stairs/ initial installation. Did they say why it was leaking? They must have some idea based on what the hole or tear looked like.

I'd shop that job around as well. They'll give you that price next summer. If not someone will. Don't necessarily use the company that put it in jut b/c they put the pool in. I personally want to get at least 10 years out of a liner and I'd only replace it earlier than that if I absolutely had to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.