Jandy AquaPure 700 issue. Need your help.

towney

Apr 5, 2007
Central Florida
Seems like the past month I have been getting spearatic no flow readings and reading some of the posts on the Jandy SWG it seems a possible flow sensor but I don't want to replace till I'm sure. But hear is my question I'm getting flow reading, cell resting and cell reversing all on at the same time, is this possible? Also how long is the cell reversing period for and when does this happen for it seems as though it reverses when the pump comes on? Thanks

Do fault codes show up on the outside display? Not seeing any.
Is it normal to have the flow, cell reversing and cell resting all on at the same time?

Re: Jandy AquaPure 700. Possible Issue.

Any ideas on this?
Flow, cell resting and cell reversing lights are all on and have been this way for a couple weeks now. Also chlorine levels have been running high even though I have set the Aquapure down to 5%, somethings not right if levels are not coming down when set to lower production.
No codes show up. Could it be the flow sensor??? Thanks.

If your FC level is too high, I doubt there is any problem with the flow sensor. Flow sensor problems almost always result in FC level too low problems.

I don't know what your water temperature is, but if it is fairly cold I would expect the FC level to be quite high, even with the output set fairly low. When the water is cold the FC level will only fall very slowly. Even 1% output is often enough for very cold water (assuming that your SWG still works when the water is cold, many turn off at a water temperature around 50 to 55 degrees).

Cell reversing acts just like it does in the forward direction. In other words, if you have your production set for 5%, then the cell will run in reverse for 5% of the reverse segment and be resting for the remaining 95% of the seg. Does that make sense?

You may not get the cl dropping off quickly in the winter as you would in the summer. So a drop in Cl may be from a problem that has been happening for a while, You maybe getting enough sporadic use from the unit, and you may not even see the Cl drop off.

If you don't want to replace the flow sensor unless you know if it is the problem, then wait until your flow light won't come on at all. Sadly, if performance is spotty now, it (the sensor)will go out eventually. That has been the way these thing have been acting for a while now. Hopefully, the better, more reliable sensors are out there now for replacement.

Thanks PC.
No it does not make sense, I guess I don't understand the unit operation. I had the aquapure set for 50% before I reduced it down to 5%, CL levels have come down, so I'm thinking that the cold temp we saw these past couple weeks might have helped keep the levels high, Right?
So in cell reversing it is still producing CL? I thought the cell reversing was to clean the cell.
What about the 3 lights remaining on is that normal? Flow, cell reversing and cell resting lights.
Could the flow sensor be bad even if there are no codes showing up?

towney said:
Thanks PC.
No it does not make sense, I guess I don't understand the unit operation. I had the aquapure set for 50% before I reduced it down to 5%, CL levels have come down, so I'm thinking that the cold temp we saw these past couple weeks might have helped keep the levels high, Right?
Yes. Cold temps in general (winter).
So in cell reversing it is still producing CL?
No.
I thought the cell reversing was to clean the cell.
It is
What about the 3 lights remaining on is that normal? Flow, cell reversing and cell resting lights.
Yes, as long as you loose two lights within 3 hours.
Absolutely, I've had only a "no flow" display before, and it was the sensor.

i'm going to jump in here :)

Pool Clown said:
towney said:
Thanks PC.
Yes. Cold temps in general (winter).
So in cell reversing it is still producing CL?
No.
The correct answer is yes, it still produces chlorine. What happens when the polarity reverses is the direction of ion migration will change to opposite. But because both of your plates are coated with catalyst, they are both able to produce chlorine. Now if you were to reverse polarity on the non-reverse polarity cell, it wouldn't produce any chlorine. That's why reverse polarity cells are more expensive, they require double the amount of coated plates, whereas in non-reverse polarity cathode is made out of bare titanium. The only situation where you would see chlorine not being produced in reverse mode (apart from controller failure) is when the plates are worn out more on one side. But then it wouldn't clean itself properly anyway, because cleaning and manufacturing chlorine are two sides of the same process. Here is a general article on electrolysis for those who are interested:

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/reference/enc ... 31622.html

I thought the cell reversing was to clean the cell.
It is
Yes, as long as you loose two lights within 3 hours.
Absolutely, I've had only a "no flow" display before, and it was the sensor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.