Flow Switch Location OK?

Matt,

As long as all the water going through the flow switch has to pass through the cell, then it does not really matter where the flow switch is located..

The problems come in if you can turn on the flow switch and then route the water away from the cell so that it does not get the flow it needs.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Also, i have seen the flow switch on the "pool side" return in a pool/spa system. Idea being that if the system is in spa, the switch will open, and shut off production of Cl. You wouldn't want the Cl generator running while you were using the spa... even a little.

If there is a spa running in this plumbing there isn't a good spot to put the flow switch to prevent the cell from turning on. The OP will have to do what I do, turn the SWG off while running the spa, he needs to manually turn the valves to select the spa anyways. If they ever get automation, then the automation will control the output percentage while in spa mode.

Good catch Pool Clown for all those who read this for their future setups.

If there is a spa running in this plumbing there isn't a good spot to put the flow switch to prevent the cell from turning on. The OP will have to do what I do, turn the SWG off while running the spa, he needs to manually turn the valves to select the spa anyways. If they ever get automation, then the automation will control the output percentage while in spa mode.

Good catch Pool Clown for all those who read this for their future setups.

We will have automation. The acutators have not bee installed yet. If i understand correctly then I can set the SWG% to a much lower amount for SPA mode rather than POOL mode and therefore dont necessarily have to turn it off during SPA mode. Esentailly automation allows for different SWG% by mode?

You are correct if your automation works with the SWG, if you have Hayward automation then you will be good to go. I recommend setting the SWG to 0-5% during spa use as it can get over chlorinated pretty quick in such a small body of water.

Fill out a signature so it will help us to help you.

You are correct if your automation works with the SWG, if you have Hayward automation then you will be good to go. I recommend setting the SWG to 0-5% during spa use as it can get over chlorinated pretty quick in such a small body of water.

Fill out a signature so it will help us to help you.

Thanks! We did all Hayward including the Omnilogic. As soon as we finish up I will get my signature all updated. Thanks for all the help!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.