My last mystery Ta ph

So I can not for the life of me figure why like clockwork TA sits nicely for 2 weeks at a time about 60-70 then when ph hits 7.9 i drop to 7.6 then TA measures 90?? Then ph rises maybe 4 days back to 7.9 then add acid back to 7.6 . Then it sits nicely again for two weeks.
had pool for 8 months and it is been trouble free apart from the 1500ppm calcium when I bought the house

fc 9
cc 0
ta 90
ph 7.7
Ch 400
cya 80
salt 4300
bor 50
temp 29c

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This is really doing my head in

I think maybe your just trying too hard. Your numbers and the time line in the opening post sort of coincide with what I’d expect. Over time with warm water and 60ppm TA in your top up water your TA will slowly rise. Adding acid will reduce it a little each time.

Geday Rogue,

Ive been thinking a little more about this and think your answer is within the precision of the test which is +/- 1 drop below 10drops and then +/- 10% above 10 drops. Don’t think too much of this, all tests have a range for precision - the drop tests are quite robust. Applying the given precision to your first test at 60-70ppm, I’ll call it 70ppm, the actual TA level could be anywhere between 60 - 80ppm. I guess you were probably on the low side but your TA was slowly increasing until you recorded the 90ppm test. Applying the precision the actual TA level could be anywhere between 80 - 100ppm. I guess you were on the low side but still just enough to get 90ppm and you probably only just skipped an 80ppm reading.

But as I said before, don’t read to much into it. Your levels look good to me and your obviously all over it, sit back, relax and enjoy your pool. ;)

Edit: Generally you numbers are good but you could reduce your FC a little and work on reducing your TA a bit too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.