CS 200 filter has a leak.

Is this leak a hole in the plastic housing? Does water jet out or ooze out when the pump is running and the filter is pressurized? Can you post a pic so we can see the size and location of the leak?

Maybe marine epoxy. Depends how small the hole is. Maybe epoxy fiberglass sheet over the hole.

A new filter may be in your future.

Let’s see what other people come up with.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
In my opinion, the leak is due to a crack developing from the inside. My recommendation is to replace it.

How old is the filter?

What's the highest filter pressure you have ever had on the filter?

You have a very strong pump. If you're running the pump anywhere near full speed, you're overstressing the filter.

In my opinion, the leak is due to a crack developing from the inside. My recommendation is to replace it.

How old is the filter?

What's the highest filter pressure you have ever had on the filter?

You have a very strong pump. If you're running the pump anywhere near full speed, you're overstressing the filter.

I opened it up today finally, there is a crack on the inside. I filled it with jbweld but the crack is going into the area where the inlet is. I tried to get some jbweld in there as well. The leak is greatly reduced, but still leaking none the less. I assume I will need to replace the bottom piece?

The filter I'm not really sure how old it is, I'm assuming whenever the stuff was put in which I think was around 2008 or so. I think the highest I have seen is 30psi, usually the pump is running at low rpm doing maybe 5psi. The pump only runs on the higher setting or highest setting when I use the jacuzzi or we are swimming and using the laminar jets.

If you can get a bottom part super cheap, it might be worthwhile, but the top is likely to be close to end of service life. So, I would replace the whole thing unless you can get a new bottom for very cheap.

Following up on this. I had put JBweld on the outside and that was holding quite nicely but yesterday it started leaking again. I put some more jbweld but it is still leaking. I can replace the bottom for 250 but the top is is another 210 if that goes. So far its just the bottom, but what concerns me is the plastic on the whole filter is chalky. I can scrape it off with my fingers so I'm not sure if just replacing the bottom is a good idea. It also seems that the Jandy CS200 is discontinued so any hope of an easy repair is out unless I just replace the bottom and then potentially the top after if its still bad.

To keep reiterating for anyone that sees this thread - the repair of a pressure vessel is NOT safe. Replace it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.