FLO/Cool Hot Tub Issues

AlanMl

Dec 8, 2018
Glen Arm
I have a 2003 Sundance Cameo. Started it up this season late, Jet 1 came on full force, couldn't be shut off, control panel inoperable. Error messages "COOL", "ICE2", AND "FLO2". I know cool and ice 2 are indications that the tub is very cold, and that is why tub turns on Jet1 and disables control panel in an attempt to heat, but heater indicator does not come on (due to flow issue. Manual says FLO2 means bad flow switch, which I just replaced earlier this year. I couldn't see any evidence of flow in the switch housing, switch was in open position. Pulled the circ pump and cleared a big glob of pine needles from the impeller, now I can see strong flow and flow switch closes. Should I just assume that flow switch has failed and is reading as closed at startup (which will give error), or could it be stuck or burned relay on motherboard which is read as closed flow switch at startup? My instinct is to again replace flow switch ($35, no big deal) and see what happens. Any advice?

Alan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.