Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Dolphin Models coming for 2020

1. Back To Top    #1

TFP Guide

New Dolphin Models coming for 2020

User Geebot first posted and referenced this in another thread discussing GPS-like functionality for the new line of Dolphin cleaners, which will include anywhere access to your robot - and potentially wireless robots - though it was unclear to me if that's in the soon to be released new generation or just a future development path. The link below includes a teaser image of the new model line being introduced. It also mentions which lines are getting improved and discusses the new line coming for 2020. I don't have any other insight. I just saw this referenced on the Maytronics website and thought those looking for a new robot may be interested to see what's coming down the pike.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...842425693.html

This is the link which discusses it being released for general availability in 2020. It looks like some of their biggest improvements/innovations in some time.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300749810.html

And here's the link that Geebot posted which has a better picture of the new bot. Looks like it should allow for a very large basket capacity if the interior size mimics the exterior design.

http://www.eurospapoolnews.com/nouve...rsonnalise.htm
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Dolphin Models coming for 2020

Maybe these new units could learn to drive around my drain covers...
    2015 Build Link: 15'x30' Rectangle (3'-6", 5', 4' depth) 14,000 Gallon Gunite Pool, Finish: Wet Edge Primera Stone Black Kona. TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin DX5+S Robot, Jandy CL460 Filter, Jandy VS 2HP pump, AquaPure 1400 SWG, iAqualink2, Dark Green Cover Pools Automatic Safety Cover, Jandy Nicheless white 20W LED lights, No Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzpool View Post
    Maybe these new units could learn to drive around my drain covers...
    That would be the cat's meow! Or teach them not to take siesta's on my benches. That's my job.
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking | Merlin SmartMesh winter safety cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Here's the Maytronics link. I been waiting for a release date. Looks cheap.

Maytronics - iO Line
    31'x22' Freeform play pool, 12,941 Gal, IG Gunite w/stonescape, Pentair Intelliflo Var pump, Pentair Clean & Clear 420 Cartridge, Pentair Easy Touch Screenlogic, SWG IC40, TF-100 test kit, Dolphine M400

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Thanks for that link.

That thing, especially in the black color, looks like it would eat my Active 20 for breakfast and still be hungry.

6. Back To Top    #6

2D mapping is becoming more accessible. I have a robotic vacuum that maps my entire house. I can even place virtual boundaries. Cost about $300. Its good to see that this technology is moving into pool cleaners.

On another note, the US Maytronics website has nothing on these new cleaners. I have issues with the regular Maytronics units, even the S300i. Maybe this new unit would work with my pool.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by dschlic1 View Post
    On another note, the US Maytronics website has nothing on these new cleaners.
    That website looks like just a website related to the industry trade show. It starts with Lyon, which is the city where the expo is held every two years.