Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
User Geebot first posted and referenced this in another thread discussing GPS-like functionality for the new line of Dolphin cleaners, which will include anywhere access to your robot - and potentially wireless robots - though it was unclear to me if that's in the soon to be released new generation or just a future development path. The link below includes a teaser image of the new model line being introduced. It also mentions which lines are getting improved and discusses the new line coming for 2020. I don't have any other insight. I just saw this referenced on the Maytronics website and thought those looking for a new robot may be interested to see what's coming down the pike.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maytronics-to-unveil-revolutionary-new-technologies-and-products-for-personalized-and-smart-pool-cleaning-and-introduce-a-new-european-authorized-reseller-program-at-piscine-global-2018-842425693.html

This is the link which discusses it being released for general availability in 2020. It looks like some of their biggest improvements/innovations in some time.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maytronics-dolphin-io-wins-2018-piscine-global-innovations-trophy-for-smart-pool-products-300749810.html

And here's the link that Geebot posted which has a better picture of the new bot. Looks like it should allow for a very large basket capacity if the interior size mimics the exterior design.

http://www.eurospapoolnews.com/nouveautes_piscines_spas-fr/60327-maytronics,dolphin,io,robot,piscine,technologie,intelligence,artificielle,technologie,opteq,nettoyage,personnalise.htm

Thanks for that link.

That thing, especially in the black color, looks like it would eat my Active 20 for breakfast and still be hungry.

2D mapping is becoming more accessible. I have a robotic vacuum that maps my entire house. I can even place virtual boundaries. Cost about $300. Its good to see that this technology is moving into pool cleaners.

On another note, the US Maytronics website has nothing on these new cleaners. I have issues with the regular Maytronics units, even the S300i. Maybe this new unit would work with my pool.

On another note, the US Maytronics website has nothing on these new cleaners.

That website looks like just a website related to the industry trade show. It starts with Lyon, which is the city where the expo is held every two years.

Has anyone heard anything about release dates or pricing on these robots?
I e-mailed them in early January, and got:
We’re delighted to hear from you.
The IO beta plan is not yet in motion, but our latest model – the M600 – is available with new IoT and app.
If you would like further assistance with finding the right solution to your pool let me know where is the pool located and our local/relevant customer care team will take care of you.

Given the lack of any other updates on their websites, I'd guess they're behind schedule...

Still no release date on the IO cleaners - definitely not coming out in 2020 - MAYBE we will see them for the 2021 season but Maytronics really only added WiFi capabilities to some of their cleaners this year and didn't add any new designs yet.

Reactions: Aquaman30k

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, for those of you that have had a Dolphin a while, have you had many issues that require you to take it in for service quite often or are they pretty reliable as long as you take them out after use, rinse with fresh water, and store in between uses? I'm not familiar with Maytronics; but after researching, I'm looking to go all-in on an M500, or the more recent M600 model. For as much as I'm planning to spend, I'd like it to last at least 5-10 years with regular maintenance, before a replacement is needed. Thanks for any input or insight you can provide! I'm new to this forum.

So, for those of you that have had a Dolphin a while, have you had many issues that require you to take it in for service quite often or are they pretty reliable as long as you take them out after use, rinse with fresh water, and store in between uses? I'm not familiar with Maytronics; but after researching, I'm looking to go all-in on an M500, or the more recent M600 model. For as much as I'm planning to spend, I'd like it to last at least 5-10 years with regular maintenance, before a replacement is needed. Thanks for any input or insight you can provide! I'm new to this forum.
I’ve had ours in the pool nearly all year for the past year with no issues. I pull it once a month when I clean the pool skimmer baskets to rinse the vacuum debris basket and toss the cleaner back in the pool. About the only time I pull the cleaner is when we have company over or in the winter when temps drop, which is rare for us as you know.

Reactions: revitup
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.