How long after pebble plaster can you heat the pool/spa?

Rachelmarie

Bronze Supporter
Sep 14, 2018
Tampa
I talked to the Pebble tec guy today and he said we should wait 30 days to heat the pool to give it time to cure and fully dry underneath otherwise we could damage the plaster. I read on the pebble tec website you should wait 14 days. So which is accurate?

The first pool I built 10 years ago I am pretty confident we heated it right away and it was pebble tec and 10 years later our plaster was still in good condition. I do not mind waiting a couple weeks but was hoping to use the spa around Christmas time. Any input is appreciated!

Is your Pebble Tec guy giving you a guarantee? Do you want to go against his advice?

Pebble Tec says DO wait at least 14 days before heating the water and monitor chemical balance more closely after you turn on your heater. Other places say to not run the heater until there is no more plaster dust when brushing the walls.

Its your pool to do as you wish.

Thank you. There is a lifetime warranty on the plaster. I obviously do not want to cause damage to it by being impatient but also don't want to uneccesarily wait longer so I was curious what others were told.

The reason for waiting isn't for the plaster, it's to protect the heater from plaster dust and imbalanced water.

If anything the warmer water is ideal during the initial 30 days since higher water temperatures yield less aggressive water.... that will be a tough sale to PebbleTec, the contractor and the heater manufacturer though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.