Rapid drop in FC after adding chemicals

The FC loss is not very fast at all......it's very close to normal.....about 2 ppm daily attributed to UV loss and organics being oxidized in your pool water.

Why did you think it was too fast?

The FC loss is not very fast at all......it's very close to normal.....about 2 ppm daily attributed to UV loss and organics being oxidized in your pool water.

Why did you think it was too fast?
Mainly because the chlorine loss thus far from a SLAM recovery has barely been 0.5 loss/day. Then all of a sudden it dropped 2 ppm today with the addition of chemicals.

The water temp is 68* and low UV as the pool is in a screened canopy and the sunlight gets filtered through dense trees (preserve on all sides of the yard).

Given that new information, I can see your concern but I still do not believe there is a problem. I would test the water daily for maybe 3-5 days and see if your FC consumption doesn't level out.

To answer your question, there is nothing in those 3 chemicals that contributes to chlorine loss.

Update:. I had to go out of town for a few days, so being afraid of losing too much chlorine, I added two cups of 10.5% bleach which should have brought the chlorine up 2 ppm to 7.5. Well, at last check, I was at 10 ppm with SWG off.

Something must've interfered with the chlorine testing initially after adding the chemicals even after several hours of waiting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.