Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concrete Pour is tomorrow and I won't have the 90degree corners I expected

1. Back To Top    #1

Concrete Pour is tomorrow and I won't have the 90degree corners I expected

I have a 6" radius vinyl liner. The track doesn't make a curve, but has 3 straight pieces that come together in a sort of hex shape. The concrete framing guys told me today that they have to follow the liner track with the coping forms and can't make a 90degree turn. This was news to me, but it seems from what I read that the only way to get the 90degree corner is with stone coping.

Is there any other way? There is no hope for me, since the pour is tomorrow. I think it will look good anyway, but I am slightly disappointed.
    18500 Gallon IG Vinyl Liner Pool; Hayward T-Cell-15 SWG; Hayward ProGrid Vertical Grid D.E Filter; Polaris 8050 Sport Robot, Taylor k-1515-A FAS-DPD + K-2005-SALT Test Kits and Taylor Speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concrete Pour is tomorrow and I won't have the 90degree corners I expected

It's not as pronounced as I thought. So far so good, will show photos of the corners close up later... It's supposed to get to 27F tonight though. Hard not to worry about things.

18500 Gallon IG Vinyl Liner Pool; Hayward T-Cell-15 SWG; Hayward ProGrid Vertical Grid D.E Filter; Polaris 8050 Sport Robot, Taylor k-1515-A FAS-DPD + K-2005-SALT Test Kits and Taylor Speedstir.

3. Back To Top    #3

I was in the same boat. Once it is all done, only you will notice it. Mine bugs me a little, but I really wanted the cantilever concrete coping, so I just had to choose one or the other...can't have both.
    DIY 16'x36' custom vinyl inground, 3'-5'8", full width vinyl over steps, deep end bench. 22" wide cantilever coping, concrete colored/sealed. Pentair EasyTouch 4 panel, Whisperflo pump and cartridge filter. 330k but Raypak natural gas heater. S.R. Smith TREO LED lights and transformer. About 8000 trips to Lowes and Home Depot.

4. Back To Top    #4

You might be better off this way, than having edge to edge 90 degree corners.

Reason being, I have seen a lot of inground liner pools have problems with the liner popping out in the corners over time,
    well before they should be.

I'm thinking the hex corner might relieve the stress and pre-mature pulling/popping out of track that occurs. Just thinking out loud.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

5. Back To Top    #5

Looking forward to up close pics. The one you shared looks good!
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Looking forward to up close pics. The one you shared looks good!
    Here they are! I think they did a great job. Some rough edges, but I have to remember it's concrete, not sculpting plaster. I could probably smooth some things out once it's more stable.

7. Back To Top    #7

That did come out good! SWEET!

Where do the deck drains drain to?
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks great! I'm also getting deck drains, so was interested to see those, too. Thanks for following up!
    Pool in the planning phase! 18x40' with auto cover, salt water, vinyl.

9. Back To Top    #9

Deck drains drain on both ends, pipe is exposed on both long-ends of the concrete deck. I'll be running pipe to another area for better drainage. I also have 20linear feet of those deck drains left over, they were about $56/10ft. If you want to save a couple bucks i'd be happy to ship. They still have the original tape. Other options for deck drains are metal, which are nice, but more expensive and wider.

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks! I think I'm set to have wider drains (I have some major issues..) -- but I'll check back in with you if it turns out I could maybe use them! I don't see drains all that often, or maybe it's just that I haven't been looking for them? Anyway, great-looking pool! I like your liner a lot.
    Pool in the planning phase! 18x40' with auto cover, salt water, vinyl.