Concrete Pour is tomorrow and I won't have the 90degree corners I expected

randys

Gold Supporter
Oct 28, 2018
Clayton, NC
I have a 6" radius vinyl liner. The track doesn't make a curve, but has 3 straight pieces that come together in a sort of hex shape. The concrete framing guys told me today that they have to follow the liner track with the coping forms and can't make a 90degree turn. This was news to me, but it seems from what I read that the only way to get the 90degree corner is with stone coping.

Is there any other way? There is no hope for me, since the pour is tomorrow. I think it will look good anyway, but I am slightly disappointed.

It's not as pronounced as I thought. So far so good, will show photos of the corners close up later... It's supposed to get to 27F tonight though. Hard not to worry about things.

9S1DwpmYrpBDyYgcA
concrete_work.jpg

You might be better off this way, than having edge to edge 90 degree corners.

Reason being, I have seen a lot of inground liner pools have problems with the liner popping out in the corners over time,
well before they should be.

I'm thinking the hex corner might relieve the stress and pre-mature pulling/popping out of track that occurs. Just thinking out loud.

Deck drains drain on both ends, pipe is exposed on both long-ends of the concrete deck. I'll be running pipe to another area for better drainage. I also have 20linear feet of those deck drains left over, they were about $56/10ft. If you want to save a couple bucks i'd be happy to ship. They still have the original tape. Other options for deck drains are metal, which are nice, but more expensive and wider.

Thanks! I think I'm set to have wider drains (I have some major issues..) -- but I'll check back in with you if it turns out I could maybe use them! I don't see drains all that often, or maybe it's just that I haven't been looking for them? Anyway, great-looking pool! I like your liner a lot.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.