Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: s300i cord tangle

1. Back To Top    #1

s300i cord tangle

Have an S300i which i think is a great robot, but the cord seems to constantly tangle despite the universal swivel. Are there any solution or tips for keeping this from getting tangled?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: s300i cord tangle

Mike,

Yes, quit using your caddie and wrapping up the cord...

Once every week or so, I just lay the cable out on the deck, in a straight line, so that it can soak up the sun...

I set my robot up on a couple of wooden blocks to keep the rollers off the deck and store the cable next to it on the deck with very large loops.. I never "roll" it up..

I don't have the the S300, but the basic principle still applies.

Thanks,

Jim R.
    Finished in 2015 - 17K Gal, IG, 20' x 25' Almost Rectangular Pool, Pebble finish, three rockport water falls. Pentair Equipment: EasyTouch 4, IC40 SWG, 3 HP VS Pump, CCP520 Cartridge Filter.
    TF100 with SpeedStir and SampleSizer, ColorQ Pro 7, Dolphin Premier Robot Cleaner, added Screen Logic 2, added small 3 person Caldera Spa.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tlsmikey View Post
    Have an S300i which i think is a great robot, but the cord seems to constantly tangle despite the universal swivel. Are there any solution or tips for keeping this from getting tangled?
    Mine doesn't do it too badly, and I leave it in the pool all the time. I do wish there was an easier way to disconnect the swivel...

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Learn how to use the “over/under” method of coiling a cable. It eliminates any tangles. That’s the way all video or audio pros prevent tangled cords. There are lots of YouTube videos to teach you.
    chiefwej
    Tucson, AZ
    16x36 rectangular (19k) Pebble Tec play pool/spa, Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018, Super II 2hp (spa), Aqua Rite T-15 SWG, Pro Grid 60 DE, H400 & Heliocol Solar, Dolphin S-300, fill water w/high CH and TA, 50 ppm borates,TF-100 test kit, Smart Home/Alexa pool control