is this blue?

Yes. I would skip the salt and use liquid chlorine until your water warms up. The SWCG does not produce chlorine when water temp is below 55F or so.

Do you have a proper salinity test kit? If not, only use enough salt to get to 2800 ppm or so. Then see if the SWCG is happy. If not, add more salt. But again, I would wait until the water warms.

Have muriatic acid on hand as you will want to work your TA down by lowering the pH to 7.2 or so when it hits 7.8. It will rise pretty rapidly until your TA drops.

Yes. I would skip the salt and use liquid chlorine until your water warms up. The SWCG does not produce chlorine when water temp is below 55F or so.

Do you have a proper salinity test kit? If not, only use enough salt to get to 2800 ppm or so. Then see if the SWCG is happy. If not, add more salt. But again, I would wait until the water warms.

Have muriatic acid on hand as you will want to work your TA down by lowering the pH to 7.2 or so when it hits 7.8. It will rise pretty rapidly until your TA drops.

I don't think my water temp ever gets below 60ºF, so I think I'll go with salt.

Thank you again!

Here is what the overall colour change should look like when you hit the spot....

LlN6Ok.jpg

Thank you! I retested today and got these results:

pH 8.2
FC 3.5
CH (42 drops) 1025 :shock:
TA 110
CYA 25
CSI .88

I will be draining tomorrow. Pool math says about 60% should be replaced.

On Thursday it POURED rain. We got almost 4 inches in 2.5 hours. I had to drain some of the pool to keep it from overflowing. I wasn't sure how the storm (and draining 4-6 inches) would affect the test results.
thanks to all who replied!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.